Oil Tank Change is OFTEC registered and Oil Tank Change technicians are OFTEC trained. The team at Oil Tank Change are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 52 weeks of the year to deal with any Oil Tank and Oil Pipework emergencies. EMERGENCY CONTACT NUMBER 01638 781710 (This will be directed through to the Oil Tank Change On-Call Engineer, or call the Emergency Mobile Number 07785 936648).
In order for the team to help you as efficiently and effectively as possible, when you call the emergency number, please have the following information to hand:
For oil tank emergencies:
1. Is the tank metal or plastic?
2. What are the approximate dimensions of the tank, or can you tell us the tank’s model number?
3. How full is the tank?
4. What is the access to the tank like, can a vehicle be driven up next to it?
5. How much fuel have you lost?
6. Is the oil leaking into a a drain or water course?
Please relay as much information as possible, as the Oil Tank Change Team will advise you on the best possible ways to reduce the flow of oil, whilst their emergency engineer makes their way to you.
1) Isolate the tank – turn off the tank’s valve.
2) Turn off any appliances that the pipe work feeds into, like your boiler
3) Try to contain as much of the oil as possible
If you are unable to do this or need the pipe work replaced urgently please contact us immediately on our 24hour telephone: 01638 781710/07785 936648
As part of any emergency call out, our team always aim to make the tank or pipe work safe, and to prevent further oil loss. Initially the technician will pump out the tank and then provide a written quotation for the tank replacement or repair works for you to approve.
When you call, the friendly team at Oil Tank Change, will advise of possible ways to reduce or stem the flow of your oil leak, whilst you wait for the fully trained technicians to arrive and safely carry out a fuel transfer to a secure holding tank, which is then left on site.